While hot water is needed just at one service point, this type is employed. It holds water of low pressure and therefore is termed as Non-pressure type. Generally it is employed in home like the pressure of the residential water system is low, that is usually 50 to 100 pounds per square inch (psi).
- i) Heavy inner steel tank which contains the hot water. Generally this tank contains 40 to 60 gallons of water. The steel tank generally comprise a bonded glass liner to keep rust out of the water. The inner tank will be surrounded through the lead outer tank. The space among the tanks is filled with glass wool that avoids heat transfer from inner tank to outer tank.
This assists us to keep the temperature of hot water for long time period.
Full view of storage water heater
- ii) A dip tube to allow cold water into the tank. A dip tube is given along with a shutoff value to control water in.
iii) An outlet pipe is provided to let the hot water out of the tank
- iv) A thermostat is provided to control the temperature of the water the tank.
- v) Heating element is provided to heat the water
- vi) A drain value which permits us to drain the tank to replace the elements or move the tank
vii) A pressure relief valve is provided to control the water pressure in the tank and so keeps the tank form exploding.
viii) A sacrificial anode rod is used to keep the steel tank form corroding.
This water heater make use of nothing much more than the “heat rises” principle to separate hot water from cold water in the tank.
While electric supply is provided to the heating element, it generates heat and therefore water gets heated. When cold water comes in, the cold water remains at the bottom of the tank since it is denser than hot water.
The thermostat manages the temperature water in the tank. It is usually suggested to keep the temperature among 120 to 140 degrees F (49 to 60o C) to prevent scalding and to keep save energy.
The thermostatic switch disconnects the supply while the value that is determined previously of temperature is arrives at and reconnects the supply while temperature comes down.
Generally the thermostat is underneath a cover plate and it comprises a knob or a screw to fix the temperature.
Comes with 1 year Warrant
Same-day free delivery within Nairobi
Heavy inner steel tank
A thermostat is provided to control the temperature of the water inside the tank.
Heating element is provided to heat the water
A pressure relief valve is provided to control the water pressure
A sacrificial anode rod is used to keep the steel tank form corroding.
Test Pressure 4 bars
Working Pressure 3.83 bars
3.0 KW 240V
Made in England
There are no reviews yet.